Friday, January 11, 2008

Welcome into 2008 - Desire List Challenge

Each year, we make half-hearted resolutions and plans for things that sometimes never see the light of day again. This year, I challenge you to complete an exercise that I have found to be useful and worth the time it takes.

It is called Crafting a Desire List. Basically, it is a thoughtfully drafted list of adventures, things and dreams that you want to have, experience or partake in. I spend about a week, thinking, envisioning and writing, but nothing goes on the list that I cannot see clearly in my head. I figure, if I can't envision it, then on to the next thing. I remind myself that anything is possible (I could give you a long list of impossibles and "seriously unlikelies" that have come to pass in my life.) and get to writing. When you complete your list, post it in a safe, visible place to remind you and keep you focused on the prize.

I will offer one word of caution, remember that a woman's desire is a powerful thing and when you put this kind of energy into anything, something is bound to happen -- so be mindful of the process.

Many blessings to you and yours,
Teia

No comments: