Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Fenangling Maternity Leave - How will you do it?

When I talk to mothers around town, or with friends in other places, I find that maternity leave in traditional terms is becoming more and more scarce. Either moms and moms-to-be simply can't afford to take the full time allowed through the Family Medical Leave Act, their jobs aren't accomodating or for some other reason -- these days of healing, bonding, nututing and recovery are growing shorter and shorter with each decade that passes.

Here is an article from MSN, Take the Labor Out of Maternity Leave
MP Dunleavey discusses the situation that is facing some women and I encourage you to read the article, talk with your significant other and your employer.

For us, it is a work in progress. I have gone back to work part-time and thankfully, I can write from home, but we want to know how did you do it? Or how will you do it? You can leave your comments here.

No comments: